Marriage is work even without kids, but add some tiny humans and it can feel like you never have ANY alone time with your spouse. As your kids get older, people start telling you to go out on dates, but if you don’t live near anyone that you know or trust, finding a babysitter is stressful (you guys see the news, it’s scary out there!). Then one day you realize it’s been waaaay too long since you’ve spent any reasonable amount of time alone with your spouse – we’ve all been there!
Josh and I found ourselves in this watching a movie/t.v. rut; it just became a habit that after the kids were in bed we’d collapse onto the couch, and turn the t.v. on. And believe me, I get it: Some nights this is all you both have the energy for. But after a while you realize this isn’t really helping you stay connected in any way, you’re just sitting in the same room together. So to help you start connecting again, I’ve compiled a list of date night ideas for parents that are stuck at home! Have other fun things you do at home with your spouse? I’d love to hear about them!
Want to be friends? Find me on social media HERE.
10 Date Night Ideas for Parents Stuck At Home
- Play “Would You Rather”. This is a really fun and easy thing to do while you’re hanging out on the couch with an adult beverage. Click here for a huge list of questions to get you started!
- Have dinner by candlelight. This might sound cheesy, but it really does help if you try and set the mood! Once dinner is cooked, turn off all the lights, AND all your devices. Light some candles and focus on some good old fashioned conversation!
- Take a bubble bath together. This one is self explanatory…
- Put together a puzzle. Clear off a space on the dining room table and get to building!
- Play a card game. Most people have a deck of cards laying around, and here’s a great list of card games you can play!
- Work on a craft or project together. Creating something together can be really satisfying! Maybe you’ve got some small DIY projects you can work on while the kids are asleep.
- Set-up a mini golf course. Use things from around the house to set-up a mini golf course inside! You could get really creative with this, and make the course different each time. You can also buy indoor croquet sets!
- Have a tasting party. Choose an item that you can buy a variety of and have a tasting party! You could do cheese, chocolate, types of alcohol – the possibilities are endless!
- Make a travel bucket list. Have some fun dreaming up all the places you’d love to visit!
- Look through old photo albums. So many of us spend time making these gorgeous photo albums, which then just get shoved onto a shelf. Bust those babies out and reminisce!